Saturday, February 29, 2020

Fire Emblem Three Houses Thoughts - Part 5: The Characters of Blue Lions



Hello, and welcome to the next part in my long write up series on my thoughts and experiences with Fire Emblem: Three Houses. In this part I finish my feelings on the Blue Lions playthrough by going through and sharing my thoughts on all of its characters.

WARNING, THE FOLLOWING POST CONATINS SPOILERS FOR THE SUPPORTS AND BACKSTORIES OF THE CHARACTERS OF BLUE LIONS


Following my Golden Deer character order, let me start with the character I married in Blue Lions: Mercedes. I had recruited Mercedes in my first playthrough, so I’d already seen her supports. However, I was glad I waited on marrying her until this playthrough, because through the increased number of supports I got to know her better. I was surprised at how much I learned, I am not sure I knew she was originally from the empire for example.

Regardless, Mercedes is the character from this game I took the most liking to initially. I saw a post on the internet that summed it up well: “I am such a sucker for the mom friend.” Mercedes is the sort of daydreaming yet kind and motherly friend who takes care of others and enjoys helping. She is sweet and nice and reminds me of my favorite characters in other media (Toriel from Undertale, Fluttershy from Friendship is Magic, etc.). Thankfully, there is more to her then that. I liked that she was into sewing and makeup, it made her supports and interactions with Ingrid fun. I also liked that she is a devout believer of the Church of Seiros, it made her supports with Dedue especially enjoyable in how kind and interested she was in learning about the Duscur religion and culture. It was also cool to learn more of her family and upbringing through her paralogue and subsequent interactions with the Death Knight.

But what really sold me on Mercedes, and kept me wanting to marry her until the end, was her A support with Byleth. In it, she reveals that she has been told by her stepfather that she is to be married to a noble she dislikes. She has a dream of working in the church and does not wish to pursue the life of nobility. Her time at the monastery and the war have allowed her to grow and start her own path. This invitation causes her to falter, knowing she must now face her stepfather. Up to this point she has obediently followed him, telling herself that it is the right thing to do, and that the goddess has willed this, so it is acceptable to have a difficult father. All this…really touched and connected with me. I through self reflection have noticed I do that line of thinking all the time: when I face a difficult situation I don’t like I tell myself it is fine and that this is actually the right thing to do, the will of the goddess if you will, but it is what I tell myself to accept going with the flow and not standing up for myself. However, I had to stand up for myself when I chose to abandon my family’s plans and chase my own passion, which is exactly what Mercedes goes through. For this I connected with her, and this plus all of her lovely quirks had me adoring her throughout, happy I chose to marry her.


Following my Golden Deer formula, if there was character in Blue Lions I had to compare with Ignatz, in that it was a character I got personally invested in and wanted to see where their journey took them, it was Ingrid. I was not expecting to fall for her so much, but goodness Ingrid captured me. Initially I enjoyed her for her basic personality: a hard worker who takes care of and keeps to herself. It reminded me of Cyril, who I adore because I relate to that sort of person: I keep to myself and try to be a good cog in the machine of life. I also appreciated that she called Sylvain and Felix out in how rude they were and tried to put a stop to it as someone who felt similar.

However, the more I got to know her, the more her story captivated me. She tries to be a good knight because she admires knights, has read all sorts of fiction about them, and dreams of becoming one. However, it is also motivated by the loss of her fiancĂ© in the Tragedy of Duscur, an event that has scarred her. She can only deal with it by viewing her ex-fiancĂ© as a perfect knight to be emulated. However, unlike most of the other Blue Lions characters, where I would argue their depth ends there, Ingrid also has her own present troubles haunting her. Her family is poor, and Ingrid is the only child which bears a crest. For this reason, her father wishes to marry her to a wealthy noble. It is similar to Mercedes’ dilemma but far more interesting, because here, Ingrid’s father is not an evil man using her for his own gain. The family is poor, and by bad luck she is the only one with a crest. It makes her journey and choices incredibly interesting because there is no clear answer here. Ingrid could abandon her family and pursue her dream as a knight. However, her family isn’t in the wrong here, and she does feel for them and wish to help them, which she can only do by not pursuing her dream.

It is tragic, yet also fascinating, and feels very real from women I’ve met in my life. My mother for example has told me countless times she’s had to choose between her own dreams and doing what’s best for the family, and because she’s a woman and it’s expected of her, she often chooses the latter, and often regrets it later. I became really invested in Ingrid’s arc from how real it felt, and could not stop thinking about her throughout the journey. I loved her so much, she was the surprise highlight for me in Blue Lions. Her supports with Mercedes might have been my favorite of the playthrough.


Speaking of those who admire knights and wish to become one, let’s talk about Ashe. Ashe was a lovely and sweet character. Like Ingrid, he has a romanticized vision of knights and wishes to become one, but is also a genuinely nice and likable character. This is because he is a commoner who through sheer luck was adopted into the nobility, and now works to live up to that title. Because of this, he is naĂŻve when it comes to politics and noble shenanigans, and has a soft spot for commoners. What I really liked about Ashe was that you see his naivete broken as he meets knights and learns how difficult being a knight is emotionally, but this happens throughout the journey. For while most of the Blue Lions characters already have a dark and jaded vision of knighthood (Felix especially) and nobility, Ashe does not until Lonato’s rebellion. It gave him a great character arc as he came to see Lonato, who he had admired and viewed as an ideal knight since he took him in, as more then that. He began to see him for who he really was: flawed in his own way and not a hero to admire in all respects. His supports with Catherine, Dimitri, and Gilbert were great in showing his growth as he accepted the difficulty of being a knight, while still finding a way to admire its ideals. He and Ingrid felt like they embodied those qualities best of all.


If I’m talking about Ashe, I might as well get to Catherine. Many of the teachers and Knights of Seiros have a route that has you learning more about them through seeing more of their supports. For Cyril it is Golden Deer, and for Catherine it is Blue Lions. I liked that I got to learn more about her history and who she was before becoming a knight from her supports with Dimitri and Ashe. She was already one of my favorite characters, but now I loved her even more. I liked how in Blue Lions she is a great example of the complexities of being a knight. She is devoted and loyal to Rhea, because she truly believes in her and wishes to protect her. However, to get to this point she had to abandon her homeland in the kingdom, showing a lack of loyalty. It offers an interesting character for the theme of knighthood, and made her a perfect fit for the Blue Lions team.


Next, let me talk about Dedue. Dedue was an excellent character whom I enjoyed using and getting to know. I initially liked him because he was quiet and kept to himself, while also being unquestionably loyal to Dimitri. I also liked that he was from Duscur, as he had his own unique culture and upbringing and brought a new perspective to things. However, as I learned more about him, I realized that the reason he is so calm and quiet, keeps to himself, and is so loyal to Dimitri, is because of how dead he is inside. He lost everything at the Tragedy of Duscur, his family, friends, home, everything. He also faces constant racism from Fodlaners, and the reason he is so devoted to Dimitri is because A) Dimitri saved his life and is committed to saving Duscur and its people, and B) Because Dedue has nothing else to live for. He is dead inside, and this realization had me even more invested in his character and wanting him to have a happy ending.

Finally, Dedue had many of my favorite Blue Lions supports, more then the other characters. I loved his supports with Sylvain, Mercedes, Annette, Ingrid, Ashe, Shamir, and especially Dimitri. The relationship the two of them have is so special and yet so tragic, because they have no one they can depend on but each other. If they lose the other, they are done for.


Next, let’s get to Annette, the last character I enjoyed from Blue Lions. Annette is just a fun, lovable, and relatable character, and for this I initially took a liking to her. She is bubbly, fun, a hard worker, and brings a cheerful attitude to everything. She had a lot of fun antics, and her relationships with Mercedes and Ingrid were wonderful. But, following the other Blue Lions characters, the more I learned about her, the more I realized the reason she is so good at magic, studies and works so hard, is that she has made it her life goal to find her lost father, and pursues it almost to an unhealthy degree, or at least that was the impression I got. Like many of the Blue Lions characters, she appears fine on the outside, but hides a tragic backstory, fitting the overall darker theme of Blue Lions.


With that, let’s get to Annette’s father, and start on the characters I struggled to like. Gilbert is Annette’s lost father, who fled his family and kingdom because of the great shame he felt from being unable to prevent the Tragedy of Duscur. He symbolizes the general feeling of shame that much of the Kingdom and especially its knights feel, showcasing how the Tragedy of Duscur continues to haunt all. This is cool. However, Gilbert also made me realize something. I have reached a point where I am not a fan of characters that have a dark backstory that haunts them, because the characters are so defined by this backstory that I find them simple, predictable, and uninteresting. This was true of Gilbert especially, he talks of nothing but the sins of his past in almost all of his supports. I thought it said a lot that my favorite supports of his were those with the teachers, hannenman and alois especially, as those are the only ones in which he doesn’t talk about his dark past but instead other things like food or hobbies, things that make him a more fleshed out character I would argue. Alas, because of this, Gilbert’s character did not leave much of an impression on me.


However, there were Blue Lions characters that left overall negative impressions on me. Let’s get to those, starting with Felix. Felix was the opposite of Mercedes for me, in that of all the characters, he was the one I had the least positive view of following initial interactions. This was because well, to be frank, he speaks bluntly, to the point of being rude, and I do not like characters like this. It strikes me as someone who has no empathy for other people and is incredibly self centered, caring only about themselves and their own problems and never viewing those of others to be of equal importance. This was how I viewed Felix initially, and unfortunately, that view never changed as the story progressed. He is rude to almost everyone in his supports: he tries to pick fights with Dimitri and Dedue and pushes their buttons, he tells Ashe his love of books and fictional knights is dumb and deserving of ridicule, and worst of all, in a line that killed any chance I had for liking him, he tells Ingrid to stop trying to chase her dream and just get married, because that’s what women are supposed to do. His inability to express empathy towards anyone completely turned me off his character, and I used him as little as possible once I unlocked all his supports.


This was not my only problem however. I also found him uninteresting, because strength is his single defining trait. Virtually all he talks about is his desire to get stronger, and as someone who doesn’t care for physical strength, this did nothing for me. I also did not see much of any development in his character throughout the journey, and it felt like he never changed much, or at least to a degree that I took notice.

His backstory and general views also confused me. From what I gathered, it seems that Felix is hurt over the loss of his brother, and was hurt even more by the reaction to his death, the glorification of it and general romanticizing of knighthood. This has caused him to dislike knighthood and those who follow it…even though he purses strength above all else and never goes against the Kingdom and Dimitri. He is fiercely strong and loyal, which are core values of knighthood, so…what is going on with him? This really confused me, if he dislikes the culture of knighthood so much, why does he emulate it and never try to change it? Why does he never turn on Dimitri or the kingdom if he dislikes them so much? It makes him seem like a whiny kid who does not actually back up anything he believes in and bitterly follows the path that has been set out for him, despite hating it.


There’s one moment with Felix I can recall that summed up my relationship with him, taking place at the end of his paralogue. During this, he and his father have a talk, and it is clear that his father understands why Felix is upset with him and the culture of knighthood, and wants to help. However, Felix blows him off and leaves, and then his father explains how his older brother was a loyal knight who would have regretted not dying for his king, which Felix does not understand. It is supposed to help the player to understand Felix, and you’re given the choice to say as much, but I didn’t. I did not understand at all why I should be helping this guy who does not seem to like anyone, is rude to everyone, and clearly does not share the values we hold. I never understood Felix, and for that reason I was never able to hold any positive feelings towards him, I found him to be a nuisance, and was happy to be done with him at the end of the story.


Sylvain was another character I left feeling overall down on, though unlike Felix there were moments where I felt something for him. His supports with Dedue were fantastic, and his with Dimitri were fun. I also liked that he was generally relaxed and enjoyed making things lighthearted, had an interesting backstory and views on crests and knighthood, and that he was a fan of women.

However, I could not get over the elephant room that prevented me from seeing him positively, which is that I have seen his character archetype before in JRPGs, and I do not like the way they treat and view women. Sylvain is Zelos from Tales of Symphonia, or Ringabel from Bravely Default. It is the JRPG character who is a ladies’ man, using women for his own gain, and not regarding them highly. This character is always paired with a woman who is bossy and keeps them in line and gives them some comeuppance for their unethical treatment of women. In Tales of Symphonia it was Sheena, in Bravely Default it was Edea, and here it is Ingrid. These two character types, despite constantly bickering, often end up growing close and developing feelings for each other.


I have three large problems with this. The first is obvious, I do not like the way this character uses women and it is portrayed as a good and cool thing. It is not good, and I sympathize with women who have to deal with people like this or who follow these characters’ values. The second is the relationship. The sort of relationship I described above, between the relaxed, selfish, and uncaring man and the caring and stressed out woman is not a good one. It is common in all sorts of media, and I’ve met people in these sorts of relationships and they are not good. They are often incompatible and I can not help but feel that the poor woman is going to be doomed to a partner that might cheat on her and does not respect her feelings. With Sylvain and Ingrid in particular, I was really put off by one of their A supports, in which Sylvain suddenly takes a liking to Ingrid and starts being nice to her…because she started wearing makeup. It felt superficial, Sylvain only cares for women that look good on the outside and can be used for his own image and validation. That to me is not a healthy basis for a relationship, and I was disappointed to see that Sylvain does not go against this.

However, I did like that in Three Houses you see many characters call him out on his rude behavior. In previous cases such as Bravely Default and Tales of Symphonia the behavior is usually shrugged off as “boys will be boys” and not taken seriously by the characters save the one nagging female. This was an improvement.


However, my third problem, which is the biggest I have with this archetype, is the way this character’s development is handled. Because at the very least, I might be okay with this character if they develop, learn the errors of their ways, and admit to be better. If they apologize to the women for all they have done, admit that they have treated them horribly, and try to work on improving as a person and treating women as people, then I think this could be a good character arc, even one that some guys could relate with. However, this never happens. What happens, is that this character will get swept up in the story, suddenly their backstory is revealed and it is dark, or you learn they hold some secrets, or they get into the main story and have a significant role suddenly, etc. Their treatment of women does not change at all, however, it is simply pushed to the background and you do not see it as much as they become more serious within the story. Despite this supposed growth, they never acknowledge how wrong their previous actions were, instead they are swept under the rug and we are supposed to forget them in favor of their more serious attitude and greater role in the story. With Sylvain for example, after the war breaks out, we stop seeing him flirting with women and using them, not because he has learned to treat women better, but because now the story has taken over and there is a war going on. His backstory by this point is revealed and is tragic, and his previous behavior is just shoved under the rug without acknowledging how problematic it was. This is what I did not want out of this archetype, it is what happened with Zelos in Tales of Symphonia and Ringabel in Bravely Default, and I was disappointed to once again see this development take place with Sylvain. Unfortunately, despite the things I liked about him, my core problems with his character archetype, and his poor, almost nonexistent development, resulted in him leaving an overall negative impression on me.


To finish off this the negativity, let me talk about the house leader, perhaps the character I had the most problems with and was the most confused by: Dimitri. Dimitri was…weird. I am playing through Black Eagles as I write this, and what has really struck me is how much more I am into the story and in love with the house leader in Black Eagles and Golden Deer compared with Blue Lions. It made me realize that the house leaders are the centre pieces of the stories, and if you can not get behind the house leader, you will not get into the story, as happened with me here. I was struck at how, during the cutscene in Blue Lions in which you save Claude and talk to him, I felt such longing for him. I wanted to be with him, not with Dimitri.

But why? What damaged my ability to get into him? It is tragic, because throughout the first half of the game, I liked Dimitri. He was one of my favorite characters even, I liked that he was an upstanding knight who was polite and respectful. He cleaned up on time, trained daily, and was an overall likable character. I grew attached to him. Sure he was hiding some dark secrets and urges, but I felt like deep down he was still a good person.

All of that began to change when Edelgard is revealed as the Flame Emperor, and Dimitri loses his mind. Suddenly the kind and helpful knight I thought I knew disintegrated as Dimitri became obsessed with revenge and murdering Edelgard. There were signs, Dimitri mentions at one point that his true motive is revenge, and I had played the Golden Deer route and knew this was where his character was going. However, I was still not prepared for how much he would change and how far he would fall.


I see what the writers were going for here. Dimitri has a more ambitious and radical character arc then Edelgard and Claude. If this can work, it is incredible. To fall for a character, then lose it all and feel like your relationship is lost, and then to be able to reforge and recreate it, help Dimitri become the king you know he can and will be, it would be satisfying if you got into it. The problem is that for me, once my relationship with him was cut off, nothing in the story brought it back. Dimitri falls so far that I questioned if I should even be helping him, if anything I felt like I shouldn’t have, or at least I wouldn’t have had I the choice.

See, Dimitri’s redemption is supposed to take place when Rodrigue (Felix’s father) dies. This is supposed to make Dimitri start questioning his actions and if he is going down a dark path. This is fine as a trigger, since Rodrigue is close with Dimitri and they had recently reconnected. However, Dimitri changes so abruptly and quickly from a terrible murdering monster to a good and just king that it completely took me out of the experience, and I could not believe what was happening before me. It felt like bad writing. Dimitri spent much of his life bent on revenge, haunted by the Tragedy of Duscur, and then spent 5 whole years alone and falling into darkness. But now that Rodrigue has died, in less then a few weeks he is fine and knows exactly what to do to be a good king and win the war? He acts way too perfect and just, to the point that it felt like he had no development, it just happened in an instant and he went from the most evil and unlikable character to the most noble and likable character and…what? It was so strange to me and I could not wrap my head around it, he has spent over 5 years obsessed with killing Edelgard, and suddenly after a few months he is fine to talk with and have a normal conversation with her? I just could not buy his redemption, and it ruined his character for me. I never felt like I reconnected with him or like I saved him. I never felt like Byleth had a strong relationship with him, and it felt like we just got lucky that Dimitri got better, there was no guarantee that was going to happen and I would not have bet that it would given how long he had been lost to darkness. Like I said earlier, I would not have fought for him if I had the choice to.


However, if I may gave him credit in one area, this I think is why Dimitri fits Blue Lions so well. No house values unquestionable loyalty and obedience like Blue Lions, it is the central theme of the narrative I would argue. If Claude or Edelgard had gone astray, the nobles and lords would have readily tossed them aside. But because the Kingdom values loyalty to the king so much, it means Dimitri’s arc could only have taken place here, because it is only the Blue Lions students that remain loyal despite everything.

This I think is another core problem. I think someone who feels a strong connection to Blue Lions and its values would believe in Dimitri and want to help him despite everything, their bond is strong enough that they believe they can save Dimitri. The problem for me is that I am not a Blue Lions student, I am Golden Deer through and through. I could not understand the emphasis on loyalty and why we tried to help Dimitri so much when he seemed like such a lost cause, I could not understand why we did not abandon him to find a better king or leader, I could not understand why Dimitri magically developed in a short span of time despite so many years being spent in darkness. To put it  in simple terms, I did not understand Dimitri, and I never felt like I could connect with him like I do with Claude and Edelgard. With those two, even if I disagree with them on some things, even if I find some of their actions questionable, I still trust them, see good in them, and believe that through it all, so long as I am there to help, they can go down a good path.


But Dimitri…I felt no trust with him and like he was a lost cause. His fall really cut me off of him, but it was more then that. In hindsight there were things about his core character I took issue with. First, there is his lack of an ideology. Claude and Edelgard have clear ideologies that you can understand and believe in, which I did. But Dimitri….he is not at the academy for some grand ambitions, he only wants revenge. This really hurt his character for me. It made it difficult for me to believe in and want to fight for him, but more then that, it made him seem incredibly self centred compared to the other house leaders. Where Edelgard wants to help all people, even those below her by creating a meritocracy, and Claude wants to help all, even those below him by taking steps to end segregation, Dimitri only wants revenge for himself and no one else. Sure, he wants to help the people of Duscur, but I take issues with that sentiment. First, I wonder if he actually does care about and want to help the people of Duscur or if it is pride, and he only wants to do it to correct the wrongs of the tragedy and get his own form of revenge. In other words, he’s doing it for selfish reasons. Secondly however, this only helps the Kingdom, which brings me to another issue I had. Dimitri seems to only care about the Kingdom, and not the Alliance or Empire at all. To avoid spoiling Black Eagles, I will say that the themes and goals of Claude and Edelgard have a more continental scope and impact, taking in the peoples of many different kingdoms, and we see this throughout their stories. But with Dimitri, all he seems concerned with is the Kingdom, which strikes me as incredibly self centred in comparison. This all meant that compared to the other house leaders, I never saw Dimitri as a good person who should be king.


I think however, a part of this came from the dark backstory of Blue Lions. Golden Deer and Black Eagles do not have a tragic dark event haunting them, allowing them to look forward and look to other parts of Fodlan. But because the Blue Lions story is so concerned with its own dark history, it has little room to discuss the Alliance of Empire in any meaningful way, and for that reason I found the story less interesting and realistic. Similar to what I said regarding Gilbert, it was another reminder for why I have lost interest in stories with a dark past, because that past seems so central to everything that characters are unable to look outside their borders because they are so concerned with their own history and nothing else, which I find less interesting  and sympathetic then other kinds of stories.


When Dimitri loses his mind and goes crazy, my relationship with him was destroyed, and a wall was erected between us. That wall never broke down, the scene in which Byleth and Dimitri talk after Rodrigue’s death did nothing for me. Byleth simply repeated what Rodrigue had been telling him for so long about finding something to believe in, and then I am not even sure what Dimitri found to believe in, and why. He just heals without explaining it well, and in general I was confused. That is why I was not invested in his story, why I was not invested in the Blue Lions Kingdom, and why ultimately, Dimitri did not leave me with positive feelings. He felt like a character with no morals and ideals, almost like a monster. Where Edelgard and Claude have clear goals they seek to accomplish and clear values and beliefs behind those, Dimitri…I never felt like I understand what his were. What was he fighting for? What was his ideology? What did he believe in? I don’t know, all he spoke of was justice for the Tragedy of Duscur, revenge, helping those in need, but never being specific as to how or why. He ideals felt both very simple, black and white, and also very vague, like a mess that had no actual critical thinking involved in how to make his ideas a reality or to counter the many many problems with his simple notion of ‘justice.’ For all this, plus the fact that he seemed more self centred and selfish compared to the other house leaders, I can say that by the end, I did not care for Dimitri at all.

I am happy to have played Blue Lions. The new perspective it gave was fascinating, but ultimately, it made me realize that of the three houses, I relate to and am a Blue Lions student the least. I do not think we should blame individuals for tragic events and should look beyond that to the systems and structures in place that caused them. I think romanticizing knighthood and loyalty is dangerous because it can lead to countries being led by a mad king who only seeks to cause more bloodshed to fulfill their own irrational and selfish desires. But above all, I think we should consider those around us, outsiders, and their own problems and issues as if they are our own, rather then obsessing over our own tragedies and fixing ourselves at the expense of others. For all these reasons, I do not see myself ever replaying the Blue Lions route. May I never have to deal with the King of Delusion again.

End of playthrough statistics:

Marriages: Byleth/Mercedes, Dimitri/Marianne, Dedue/Shamir, Felix/Sylvain, Ashe/Ingrid, Annette/Gilbert, Caspar/Catherine, Hilda/Cyril, Seteth/Flayn

All right let's get back to less negative talk. Mercedes I married for reasons stated above. Dimitri and Dedue I went back and forth on, because I really liked their supports, but I also loved Dimitri's with Marianne and Dedue's with Shamir, they just seemed perfect for each other. The conclusion I reached felt fitting given my shortcomings with Blue Lions as a whole. I ended up going with Marianne and Shamir because I felt that while I loved Dimitri and Dedue's relationship, the two of them are so lonely and unhealthy that they need more relationships to grow. After the ending I went back and read the ending if you paired Dimitri and Dedue and regretted my choice immediately. But...oh well. Felix and Sylvain I paired because I did not want to pair either of them with anyone, so I stuck them together. With Ingrid, Ashe felt the most fitting, but I did so with the hope that Ashe would inherit Lord Lonato's lands, thus marrying Ingrid into a life of both nobility and knighthood given their mutual love of such. I was disappointed to see this did not happen and felt some regret at my choice, but ah well. Annette and Gilbert felt fitting given that Annette was so devoted to saving her father and bringing him back home. Caspar and Catherine came from them having an A+ support, Hilda and Cyril was an accident that came from them happening to fight together a lot in battles, and Seteth and Flayn felt fitting for obvious reasons.

Core Team: Byleth, Dimitri, Dedue, Felix, Sylvain, Ashe, Ingrid, Mercedes, Annette, Gilbert, Hilda, Flayn, and Cyril

Final levels and classes:
Dimitri – 42: Great Lord (Lance, Sword)
Mercedes – 41: Gremory (Faith, Reason)
Annette – 40: Dancer / Gremory (Reason, Faith)
Dedue – 40: War Master (Brawl, Axe)
Ingrid – 39: Falcon Knight (Lance, Sword)
Flayn – 38: Gremory (Faith, Reason)
Hilda – 38: Wyvern Lord (Axe)
Gilbert – 38: Great Knight (Axe, Lance)
Cyril – 37: Wyvern Lord (Axe, Bow)
Ashe – 37: Bow Knight (Bow)
Felix – 37: Mortal Savant (Sword, Reason, Faith)
Byleth – 36: Enlightened One / Bishop (Faith)
Sylvain – 35: Dark Knight (Lance, Reason, Faith)

Caspar – 32: Grappler (Brawl, Axe)
Marianne – 32: Bishop (Faith, Reason)
Seteth – 31: Wyvern Rider (Lance, Axe)
Shamir – 31: Sniper (Bow)
Catherine – 31: Swordmaster (Sword)
Alois – 28: Warrior (Axe)
Raphael – 25: Brawler (Brawl, Axe)
Hannenman – 23: Mage (Reason)
Manuela – 18: Priest (Faith)

And to finish this, here is my updating ranking of my enjoyment of the characters, with the Blue Lions gang added. My apologies to fans of the characters I placed low, as I feel bad about it. 
Looking to the future, I am curious to see where the Black Eagles gang land next, we'll see with my next posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment